Epom White-Label DSP allows creating your own demand-side platform, connect with SSPs and work with them on a real-time bidding basis.
This guide covers the overall structure, user interface, and key features of the Epom White-Label DSP. If you would like to find a more detailed description of a particular feature, please feel free to follow the links in this guide.
Once you log in to your account, you will see the following Menu on the left:
Let's create a new SSP Endpoint and a new Campaign with a Creative. To do this, please follow the steps below.
In Admin panel you will see SSP Endpoints Manager section which allows creating new endpoints:
- Navigate to Admin panel → SSP Endpoint Manager section.
- Press Create New Endpoints button. New Endpoint form will be displayed:
- Fill out Name and select needed SSP from the list.
- Click Save.
It is possible to add several endpoints for one SSP.
In order to integrate with your SSP just click on the desired endpoint, copy Endpoint URL and pass it to your SSP Partner.
Once SSP Endpoint is created it’s time to add a Campaign and Creative. For this:
- Go to Campaigns panel.
- Press Create New Campaign button.
- Add Campaign Name, fill out Campaigns Settings and click Save:
- Click on your Campaign and press Create New Creative button. Select the Creative Type. New Creative form will be displayed:
The Dashboard panel is used to provide a general review of the most important events: Impressions, eCPM and Spend.
Built-in calendar allows adjusting data by date according to your preferences. Switch the graphs to check the performance.
For more detailed statistics click View More Stats button which redirects to Analytics tab.
Campaigns panel allows managing and creating Campaigns and Creatives. Table or Column View are available for this panel.
You may easily Pause, Duplicate, Edit or Archive Campaign by clicking on appropriate Actions icon:
Please note that such action(s) will be applied to all Creatives within the Campaign. You can also apply the action(s) to the specific Creative:
In order to create a new Campaign press the Create New Campaign button. New Campaign form will be displayed. Enter Campaign Name and fill out Campaign Settings listed below.
- Flight Dates - timeframe of your Campaign;
- Lifetime Limits - number of impressions (Max Impressions) or amount of money (Max Spend) this Campaign can buy in course of its lifetime;
- Daily Limits - number of impressions (Max Impressions) or amount of money (Max Spend) this Campaign can buy daily;
- Default Bid Price (CPM) - CPM price for Campaign;
- Frequency Capping (24H) - ad view by unique user per 24 hours.
- Normal - will spend as fast as possible.
- Balanced - will spread out throughout the day. To enable it you must have either Max Impressions or Max Spend.
Targeting options relate to the type of traffic you want to receive from your SSP Partner (only if SSP sends such information). It’s possible to Include or Exclude the following:
- Category - IAB category;
- Language - user language;
- OS: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS;
- Browser: Chrome, Safari, FireFox, Opera, IE;
- User Agent Pattern - User-Agent string;
- Block SSP/Source - specify from which SSP traffic will be sent to this campaign;
- Geo Position: Country, Region, City.
When all the settings are done press Save button. New Creative form will be displayed. Fill out banner’s Name and settings:
- Device Type: Desktop, Phone, Tablet;
- Bid Price (CPM) - CPM price of the banner. Overrides Campaign price for this banner;
- Frequency Cap (24 Hours) - banner view by unique user per 24 hours. Overrides Campaign Frequency Cap for this banner.
- Size - IAB standard banner sizes or Custom size;
- Width - width in px;
- Height - height in px;
- Ad Markup - field for banner tag;
- Macro List - click to add needed dynamic macro(s);
- Landing Page TLD - page where user will be led after click on the banner;
- Creative Category - category of ad that will be displayed.
- Fold position - where the banner should be displayed;
- Connection type: Unknown, Ethernet, WIFI, Carrier;
- Category - IAB category;
- Interstitial - is user to serve pops.
The possible Filters are: Domain URL, Site/App ID, Publisher ID, App Name, Device ID, User IP and/or Bundle ID.
In order to add a new Filter, please follow the steps below:
- Click Create New List button. Add list pop-up window will be displayed:
- Enter your list Name and click Save. Filters list will be displayed, where you can manage the filters: Edit or Delete actions are available:
- Click the filter name, then press Add List button. Add list to pop-up window will appear:
- Select needed parameter for your list and enter filter elements. Each filter element should be added on a new line.
- Click Add button.
You can easily edit your lists:
- to add new element click Add List button;
- to delete check needed element and press Delete button:
Once you create a Filter, it can be used for the Campaigns Targeting.
Analytics panel provides statistical information regarding your Campaigns activity.
To run a report, go to the Analytics panel and select filters/group by options:
Group by allows sorting your report by certain parameter:
Apply required timeframe for the report:
- Last 7 days;
- Last 30 days;
- This month;
- Last month;
- Custom Range.
The graphs represent Impression, eCPM or Spend values.
The Billing panel allows managing DSP financial activities. It consists of two sections.
Deposit funds: PayPal, WireTransfer or Credit Card payment methods are available:
Transactions history provides a list of all financial operations within your account:
Media planning feature is designed to analyse SSPs traffic parameters and use it for Campaigns targeting.
The panel displays received data from SSP grouped by SSP, Country, Placement size and Placement type (list or chart view mode).
You can Get Report for Today, Last 7 days or Last 30 days. Planning table will appear:
Planning table contains Website/Application, Estimated impressions, Floor CPM, Win CPM and CTR columns.
Additional filters: Browser, Country, Device brand and Device model are also available.
In case if any of website/application's parameters suits you, it's possible to add them to the Filters and then use for Campaigns targeting. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Press + icon in the required row. Select filters pop-up window will appear:
- Click Add on required Filter and press OK.
As a result, required website/application will be added to selected Filter and can be used in targeting.<
Bidding Autopilot section contains tools for the bidding process optimization.
Bidding Rules feature is designed for creating different types of rules that can optimize the bidding according to your specific requirements.
In order to add a new bidding rule press the Create New Rule button in the top-right corner of Bidding Rules section. A new rule form will be displayed:
Enter Rule name and select required values for the rule expression:
- Conversions, Impressions, Clicks, eCPM, eCPC, or Spend metric;
- =, >, <, <=, or >= sign;
- Specify required value;
- Pause creative or Add to list and choose proper Filter.
- Press Save when all the setting are done.
Let's break Bidding Rules down with the examples below:
Case 1. Imagine that you want to limit specific Site or Application to 10000 Impressions. For this you should create the following bidding rule:
This rule means that when amount of Impressions for specific Site or Application reaches the value of 10000, Creatives will be paused for this Site or Application.
Case 2. Let's assume that you want your Campaign to buy from Site or Application with eCPM = 0.1. For this you should create the following bidding rule:
In this case, when the value of eCPM for specific Site or Application is 0.1, this Site or Application will be added to the selected Filter. After that, you can apply such Filter for your Campaign.
You can add several expressions in one rule by clicking a plus icon:
The Global switcher determines whether the rule works for all entities, or if it should be applied to each campaign individually.
If the rule is not Global, it can be added for a given campaign on its card via the Bidding Rules button:
Bidding Multipliers feature is a micromanagement tool that allows applying different multipliers to the bids depending on the traffic source.
Let's take a look at the example of an optimization via Bidding Multipliers:
If the traffic comes from a specific site, we want our bids to be higher than for all other traffic sources.
In order to add a new bidding multiplier press the Create New List button in the top-right corner of Bidding Multipliers section. A new list form will be displayed:
Enter the list name and press Save. The list will now be displayed in the Bid Multipliers panel.
Click the name of the list to edit it. Press the Add Domain button and fill the form:
Apply the changes. Now when the traffic comes from epom.com all the bids will be multipiled by 1.25.
The Global switcher determines whether the multiplier is used for all campaigns, or if it should be applied to each campaign individually.
If the list is not Global, it can be added for a given campaign on its card via the Bid Multipliers button:
Admin panel consists of Reports, Transactions, SSP Endpoint manager, Users and Creatives moderation sections.
Reports section provides statistical information regarding your SSPs activity. To run a report, select filters/group by options:
Group by allows sorting your report by Date or by SSP.
Apply needed timeframe for the report:
- Last 7 days;
- Last 30 days;
- This month;
- Last month;
- Custom Range.
The graphs represent Bid Requests, Win Rate, Impressions or Net values.
The following columns represent SSP activity: Bid Requests, Bid Responses, Bid Rate, Wins, Win Rate, Impressions, Gross, Net and Profit.
Transactions section of Admin panel provides access to the transactions of all users. It functions the same way as the Billing > Transactions History tab, but displays data for all users.
Transaction history table contains the following columns:
- TRANSACTION TYPE
- PAYMENT TYPE
SSP Endpoints manager section allows you to create and manage SSP endpoints:
Press Create New Endpoint button to add a new endpoint. New Endpoint form will be displayed. Fill out Name and select needed SSP from the list and click Save.
In order to integrate with your SSP just click needed endpoint, copy Endpoint URL and pass it to your SSP Partner.
Press Edit icon in SSP Endpoints list to change endpoint settings.
Users section is designed to create and manage users' accounts.
To add a new user please follow the steps below:
- Press Create New User button. An appropriate form will be displayed.
- Fill out user's personal data:
- Click Save.
'User is added successfully' message will be displayed and user will be added to the users list.
Creatives Moderation section allows user with Admin role to manage Advertisers' Creatives. It contains a table with all the Creatives with Pending Approval status.
Creatives Status Flow:
- A new Creative is displayed with an Active + Pending Approval status. It means that the Creative is added and is sent to Admin for moderation.
- The Admin can change status to Approved or Disapproved.
- A user can change status to Paused. It means that bidding is stopped for this Creative.
- Only Creative with both Approved and Active statuses will be bidding.
- Status is changed to Pending Approval when image or URLs are changed for both Approved or Disapproved Creatives.
Updated 11 months ago