In addition to the pre-defined parameters (such as Country, Language, Device Type), Epom Ad Server provides the Custom Targeting option, thus making the Targeting options almost unlimited.
In order to activate the Targeting feature, please follow these steps:
- Log into your network account and go to the Advertisers tab.
- To set Targeting
- For the entire Campaign: navigate to an existing Advertiser > Campaign or add the new ones.
- For a specific Banner: navigate to an existing Advertiser > Campaign > Banner or add new ones.
- Choose INCLUDE or EXCLUDE Targeting type.
- Select the Targeting parameter.
- Specify the value.
Pre-defined Targeting options are based on the types of ads that are being served:
|Display Ads||Mobile Ads||Video Ads|
|IP Range;||IP Range;||IP Range;|
|Operating system;||Operating system;||Operating system;|
|Time range;||Time range;||Time range;|
|Day of week;||Day of week;||Day of week;|
|Custom Parameter;||Mobile carrier;||Custom Parameter;|
|Cookie Value;||Custom Parameter;||Domain.|
Available Operating Systems:
All the Targeting information in Epom Ad Server is verified with the help of IP2Location© database. Alternatively, it is possible to switch Country and Location targeting in your network to MaxMind© database if your partners use it, for example. To do so, please contact Epom Support Team at [email protected]
- Different Targeting types work according to the AND rule (e.g., user should meet all the specified Targeting requirements).
- When Targeting is set both on Campaign and Banner levels, both Targetings will be applied by the AND rule.
- Exclude Targeting type has a higher priority than Include. In case of a collision, the Exclude rule will be selected by the system.
- Client local time checkbox on Day and Time and Time Range targetings allows applying client's timezone instead of GMT+0.
In case if Direct URL invocation code is used, UTC time zone is applied for Time Range Targeting regardless of the Client local time checkbox.
Updated about 2 years ago