Pixel Tracking is one of the Conversion tracking methods, which includes using Actions and placing an invisible pixel on the specific page(s) of your web site (most commonly, on the Thank You pages). This allows Epom Ad Server to keep track of the Banner(s) seen (or clicked) by user, and use that information to count the Conversions towards the proper Banner.
Standard case for Pixel Tracking is as follows:
- User navigates to a web page with a Banner.
- When the Banner is viewed (or clicked), a Cookie with the Banner information is loaded to the user's browser.
- User then makes a Conversion, and visits the landing page (i.e.: order completion, registration confirmation, opt-in page, etc.)
- The invisible Tracking Pixel is loaded. If it 'finds' the Cookie from step #2 in the user's browser cache, Conversion count is increased for the Banner.
Please follow these steps to start using JS Pixel Tracking:
- Log into your network account and go to the Actions tab.
- Create a new Action.
- Navigate to the Advertisers tab.
- Select an existing Advertiser > Campaign or add the new ones.
- Activate the Actions pane from the right side menu:
- Select the Action you created from the list.
- Click in the top left corner of the pane. A window containing JS Pixel Tracking code and Pixel Tracking URLs will be displayed:
- Insert the JS Pixel Tracking code to the web page of your site, so that the pixel is 'fired' upon entering that page.
- Insert the Pixel Tracking URL to the web page of your site. Please note, however, that this URL should be requested. There are multiple ways to do so, and it generally depends on your site's architecture. The easiest way is to put the Pixel Tracking URL into the <img> tag. For example:
Pixel Tracking specifics
JS Pixel Tracking with Piggybacks is displayed on Action Tracking card when Piggyback is enabled for both linked Placement and Campaign.
Updated about 3 years ago