Passing Custom Parameters to Advertiser's Landing Page
In some cases there is a need to pass custom data from the pages where the ads are being displayed to the advertisers' landing pages.
To achieve this, Custom Parameters can be used. These parameters and their values can also be used for flexible Custom Targeting.
To pass the value from Publisher to Advertiser via Custom Parameters, you need to configure the specific setup both on Publisher and Advertiser sides.
For example, let us assume that we need to pass two parameters from Publisher's page to Advertiser's landing page:
- Age = 21
- Size = small
The Custom Parameters should be added to Invocation Codes that are provided to the Publisher.
Follow these steps to pass the parameters from the web page into our system:
- Log into your network account and go to the Publishers tab.
- Navigate to the Site > Zone > Placement.
- Add the Custom Parameters to the Invocation Code.
Here you can find the examples of different Invocation Codes with added Custom Parameters
<ins> class="67536869" data-key="8c8f1d6f7e2e1910158e54fc9c735926" data-cp-age="21" data-cp-size="small"</ins> <script> async defer src="//domain.com/b3a18f14.js"></script>
The way to generate and pass the values for the Custom Parameters is generally left to Publishers' consideration.
To pass the parameters from our system to the Advertiser's landing page, follow these steps:
- Log into your network account and go to the Advertisers tab.
- Navigate to the Advertiser > Campaign > Banner.
- Add macros for Custom Parameters ?parameter1=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(name1)$$¶meter2=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(name2)$$ to Advertiser's landing page URL field.
- Any names can be used for the URL parameters instead of 'parameter1' and 'parameter2'.
- 'name' in the $$CUSTOM_PARAM(name)$$ string should be replaced exactly with the name of Custom Parameter that is passed by the Publisher. For the example above (age and size), the URL would be: https://epom.com/?parameter1=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(age)$$¶meter2=$$CUSTOM_PARAM(size)$$
To check if everything is working properly, visit the Publisher's page and click the Banner. You should be redirected to the landing page, where the $$CUSTOM_PARAM(name)$$ macros will be replaced with the actual values. For our example, it would look like this:
Custom Parameters in Analytics
The Custom Parameters and their values that were passed in a described way, can be seen in the Advanced Analytics if these parameters are white-listed in the Analytics configuration tab in the Network Supervisor account.
In order to get access to the Advanced Analytics, please contact your personal manager.
Default Custom Parameters
The Custom Parameters can be populated by the pre-defined values that will always be passed in the same way.
To achieve this, follow these steps:
- Enable the Default Custom Parameters permission in the Network Supervisor account.
- Navigate to the Site > Zone > Placement in the Network Manager account.
- Press the Settings button in the Invocation Codes panel and select the Custom Parameter:
- Enter the Custom Parameter and its value. It will be passed with each call of an Invocation code.
Updated about 4 years ago