Channel Targeting is a convenient way to make ads shown in certain sections of a web-site. For example, if your web-site consists of several categories (e.g. sports, health, news, etc.), and you want to show only those banners which are relevant to a given category, the Channel Targeting option is the tool you need.
In order to set the targeting, we need to pass the Channel value to our system. It should be added to the Invocation code.
There are two basic ways to modify the Invocation code with the Channel value:
- Modify the Invocation Code already inserted into the web-page or supply-side system.
- Use the Settings button to add the Channel value to Invocation Codes of the given Placement. In this case, when you copy the Invocation Code from the Placement card, it will already contain the necessary Channel and no further modification would be required.
The Channel value must be alphanumeric and should not contain any delimiters.
Example of acceptable Channel value: 1123topsports
Example of unacceptable Channel value: 11&23;top-sports
You can find the specifics of inserting the Channel into different Invocation Codes here, however, let's take a look at the top-3 most used cases:
<ins class="8116ce48" data-key="09f6b62a47c0f7e98aeb36130d4cc320" data-channel="channelValue" ></ins> <script async defer src="//adserving-domain.com/ee7f0787.js"></script>
Once you've passed the Channel value to the system, you can set the Channel Targeting.
- Log into your network account and go to the Advertisers tab.
- Navigate to the desired Campaign or Banner and activate the Targeting pane from the right side menu.
- Select Channel from the list of Targeting Types, and press the Add Channel button.
- Fill in the Channel value and press Include or Exclude to add the Targeting rule.
All data processed through the Channel is stored in Epom Analytics. You can access the Group By: Channel filter while generating the Analytics report.
If you wish to pass the Channel value to the Advertiser's Landing Page or to the demand-side system, please add the $$CHANNEL$$ macro to the Landing Page URL on the Banner level.
Updated about a year ago