Epom Ad Server includes two options for Server-to-Server tracking: ACTION_DATA and SUB_ID.
To start using the ACTION_DATA method:
- Log into your network account.
- Navigate to the Actions tab and add a new Action.
- Double-click the Action and copy the Action Track URL from the Action Data section of the Action Tracking pane:
- Navigate to the Advertisers tab and add a new Advertiser > Campaign > Banner or choose the existing ones:
- Specify the URL and add the ?actionID=$$ACTION_DATA$$ macro to it. (Note: any other Custom Parameter can be used instead of 'actionID').
- Activate the Actions pane from the right side menu.
- Link the Placement to the Banner you've created previously.
- Copy the Invocation Code.
- Provide the code to your Advertiser(s).
The Advertiser should 'fire' this Action Tracking URL once the Conversion is complete. Due to the diversity of the sites, it is usually left to the advertisers' discretion how to perform that.
To check if the Postback is working properly:
- Start your browser and access the Developer Tools. For example, launch Google Chrome and select Tools > Developer Tools from the Chrome menu.
- Go to the Network sub-tab of the Developer Tools.
- Copy the Action Tracking URL with the Conversion Key added to it (the one you are to provide to your advertisers) and paste it to your browser's address field.
- Press Enter and check the request status. It should read 'Status 200 OK':
- Log into your network account in Epom Ad Server and go to the Analytics tab.
- Configure the Analytics report:
- Select the proper Banner from the Advertisers Filter.
- Choose the Action you added from the Action Filter.
Updated over 2 years ago